NATIONAL GREEN CORPS
“Take a stand for the Love of Green”
- To educate the students about their Environment.
- To create a clean and green consciousness among students through various innovative methods.
- To motivate students how to initiate habits and lifestyle for minimum waste generation.
- To create environmental awareness among students and public.
- To preserve natural resources and to love nature.
- To establish herbal gardening in the school campus.
- To prevent pollution and to keep the globe green and clean.
- To plant trees in the school campus.
- To keep the school campus in and around clean.
- Sensitize the students to minimize the use of plastic bags and not to throw them in public places as they choke drains and sewers, provides breeding ground for mosquitoes and also causing animals and birds to die.
- Promote ethos of conservation of water by minimizing the use of water.
The National Green Corps (NGC) Club for the year 2019 – 2020 was inaugurated on 26th June, 2019. As a spring to the Club, an Orientation programme on NGC was given to the students. The Students were given a brief idea of what the NGC Club is about and its components. The major objectives of the Club were also discussed. An analysis on the Environmental issues and steps to exclude the causes were reviewed.
The Students were given a general presentiment on Afforestation and Deforestation. PowerPoint presentation on the same was presented. Children had also discussed about the various benefits of planting trees and the consequence which leads henceforth, due to the removal of trees. The Children were further involved in preparing an act bringing in the theme of Afforestation.
We as the NGC family strongly believe that the planting of trees help to maintain the biodiversity and the ecological balance. It is also important as it prevents global warming, soil erosion and pollution. As a token to the future India, it is our responsibility to give our generations a better place to live in.